- Dead Sea
- Tel Aviv
- Machtesh Ramon
- Small Machtesh
*Based on arriving Sunday and starting on Monday
Day 1 – Saturday – Arrival
Overnight in Netanya.
Day 2 Sunday – Netanya – Jerusalem – Dead Sea
Pick up the bikes and head toward Jerusalem. In Jerusalem we will stop at a viewpoint and pay a do walking tour of the old city and its holy places. Following the tour, we will start descending into the rain shadow desert east of Jerusalem. We will visit the Jordan River and see desert monasteries about 1,500 years old at over 300 meter below sea level From here we will ride south along the Dead Sea, the lowest place on earth, stopping at Kumran, the place the Essenes sect lived secluded in the desert and the place the Dead Sea scrolls were discovered, At the end of our day the day we will try the amazing experience of floating on the Dead Sea.
Overnight at the Dead Sea Area.
Day 3 Monday – Eilat
We will start making our way towards Eilat, the southernmost city in Israel. Should the road of the Scorpions Pass be open, we will ride it and descend back to the Arava valley. Otherwise we will ride via the Syrian African rift. From here we will continue riding along the Syrian African Rift south towards Eilat, the southernmost city in Israel. As much as possible, we will ride on the smaller roads, staying away from the busy route 90. We will visit a few interesting points on the way, as well as Timna, the possible site of King Solomon’s copper mines. Eventually we will reach Eilat which is situated on the Red Sea, neighboring with Aqaba, Jordan.
About 240 – 300km
Overnight in Eilat.
Day 4 Tuesday – Eilat – Mitzpe Ramon
In the morning, we will have a chance to dip in the Red Sea and ride to Tabah, the border point with Egypt. Then start riding north. The ride will lead us through the southern Negev desert along the Egyptian border towards the city of Mitspe Ramon. Before arriving at our destination, we will pass through Makhtesh Ramon, a crater like phenomenon, one of only 8 in the world and the largest of them and we will stop at a few spots at the bottom of this valley which serves as an open geology book.
At night, those of us who are not tired will ride back down to the makhtesh for star gazing (also possible from Mitspe Ramon but with some light prolusion).
Overnight in Mitspe Ramon
Day 5 Wednesday – The Negev Area
In the morning we visit the Ramon visitor center and A short ride from here will take us to Ein Avdat Canyon for a short hike in a desert oasis. We will also visit the grave site of David Ben Gurion, the first prime minister of Israel, and hear his amazing story. From here, we will continue to the city of Yeruham for a view of the Small Makhtesh. Our way will take us to the Nitzana area sand dunes where we can try dune riding. We will end our day at kibbutz Revivim and stay at a special hotel (based on availability).
Overnight in Yerucham or similar hotel in the Negev
Day 6 Thursday – Arad – Massada – Netanya – Tel Aviv
We will start our day riding to the city of Arad at 550 meter above sea level. From Arad, we will descent via a beautiful road winding in the desert, towards Masada the 2,000 year old fortress in the desert, now a world heritage site. After visiting Masada, we will have a chance to ride camels and eat lunch, Bedouin style. After lunch we will start making our way back to Netanya. On the way we will stop at Jaffa and Tel Aviv for a brief tour and then ride on to Netanya to return the bikes and go back to the airport.
Extension is possible
TOUR INCLUDES / EXCLUDES
- Usage of our Yamaha Tenere XT660Z, Suzuki V-Strom 650 motorcycles for the whole duration of the tour.
- A guide on a motorcycle.
- Wi-Fi in all the hotels.
- Comprehensive vehicle insurance for motorcycles.
- Maps, detailed itinerary.
- Hotel information.
- Accommodations (5 nights).
- 6 Breakfast and dinners.
- Airport pickup and drop-off (only in case the whole group come together).
- Luggage transfers between hotels.
- Entrance fees.
- Unlimited mileage.
Tour Excludes :
- Deductible damage up to 2,000 Euro.
- All services not mentioned as included like gasoline and all items of a personal nature such as presents, food, drinks etc.
- Any fines for speeding and other traffic violations etc.
- Any tolls incurred while using highway.
- Tour starts / ends in Netanya.
- No rest days.
- Route: About 1,200 KM total. 75 – 260 KM Daily.
- Riding Time per Day: 5-7 hours a day.
- Surface: Most of the tour runs on asphalt and some of it on easy trails.
- All riders must have a valid motorcycle license (at least A1).
- The tour is based on staying the night before the tour in Netanya and starting the tour the next morning. If you use your own helmets I will bring the communication equipment to the hotel so you can install it in advance to save time.
- The tour is based on having a full day in Israel on the last day.
- The tour is subject to change depending on weather, road conditions, travel arrangements etc.
- This tour can be done as a self-guided tour or a group/privately guided tour at any time of your preference if bikes are available. You can also rent a bike and follow the route described here.
- Please note that we are closed from Friday 12:00 Till Sunday morning. Bikes can be returned Saturday from about 40 minutes after sunset.